According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 17.4 square miles (45km2), of which 9.8 square miles (25km2) is land and 7.6 square miles (20km2) is water. The total area is 43.79% water. The main street in downtown Menlo Park is Santa Cruz Avenue, with the Menlo Center situated at its intersection with El Camino Real. The Menlo Park Civic Center is bounded by Ravenswood Avenue, Alma Street, Laurel Street and Burgess Drive. It contains the council offices, library, police station and Burgess Park which has various recreational facilities.
Named for its proximity to Hanscom Park and built with masonry on a frame of reinforced concrete, the footprint for the school was built on a "U" shape. Two stories had 18 rooms, with no original gymnasium or library because of spending constraints caused by World War I. The school was closed in the 1980s, and Omaha Public Schools sold it in 1988. The building was renovated and sold as apartments.
Park Tudor School is a non-sectarian coeducational independent college preparatory day school founded in 1902. It offers programs from junior kindergarten through high school. It is located in the Meridian Hills neighborhood of Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. A merger of Tudor Hall School for Girls (founded in 1902) and the all-male Park School (founded in 1914) formed the present-day school in 1970. The total number of students enrolled for the 2015-2016 school year was 981.
Park Tudor is the product of a merger of two single-sex independent schools, Tudor Hall School for Girls and Park School.
Tudor Hall School for Girls was established in 1902 by Fredonia Allen and James Cumming Smith. Allen named the school after her mother, Ann Tudor Allen. The school was originally located at 16th and Meridian streets in Indianapolis. It later moved to a two-building campus at 32nd and Meridian streets where it remained for several decades. In 1960, Tudor Hall moved to the Charles B. Sommers estate on Cold Spring Road, next to Park School. In addition to the day school program, it fostered a significant boarding program with a dormitory on the second North Meridian campus. After the 1970 merger with Park School, Tudor Hall was consolidated with Park School into the College Avenue campus.